Welcome to our site! We’re a husband and wife blogging team whose main site is KatieDidWhat.com. We have been blogging full-time and making a living via our blogs for a while now.
Why this site?
We feel like there is too much misinformation out there about blogging. There are too many people trying to make you think there is some “secret sauce” of having a successful blog. Most of all, we wish there was something out there when we started that contained helpful information and wasn’t constantly trying to “upsell” us to a paid course or ebook. We truly want to help others achieve what we have in the blogging world and feel that by building up other bloggers, the entire industry will be better and there will be more opportunities for all of us.
This blog was originally started in 2012 by Zack as a way to help other bloggers. While this is still a site to help other bloggers, it’s been completely updated and now written by both of us and is full of information that we have gained in our blogging journey.
We have no plans to sell any information about blogging, so rest assured – we’re not holding anything back here. What you’ll find on this site is everything we know about blogging.
Why should you listen to us?
Well, we do make a living at home from our main blog. So if that’s something that sounds appealing to you, it might be a good idea to look around. 🙂
A few facts about KatieDidWhat.com – our main blog:
– Every piece of content on the blog is written by Katie.
– Katie Did What’s first post was on January 13th, 2010 and was about the new year and shopping.
– Zack teaches computer classes at a K-8 school for a few hours each week, but our family could comfortably live off of the income from KatieDidWhat.com alone.
– Katie didn’t make more than $10/month on her blog until sometime in 2012.
– We work with several brands and ad agencies on the blog, all of which are mentioned here.
– We try and publish 5 new posts per week.
– The site was designed by Zack and all graphics you see on the site were designed by us.
– Katie responds to over 95% of the comments she receives (Over 15,000 comments received to date!).
– The two of us combined probably spend an average of 60-80 hours per week working on her blog.
– Katie’s blog has led to paid writing gigs for other sites, including mom.me.
What should I do from here?
Let us help guide you to the proper section of this site.
If you don’t have a blog yet, click here.
If you’re new to blogging, click here.
If you’re already making money from blogging and don’t consider yourself a beginner, click here.