Thinking of starting a blog? Well, you’re in the right place. This page will guide you through the process of starting a blog. It’ll motivate you, direct you, inspire you and educate you. Once you’ve started a blog, move on to the next section of this site.
Please utilize the sidebar, as it is customized for your needs and is full of tools, tips and helpful information to help you begin your blogging journey!
First up, a few reasons why you should consider blogging.
5 Reasons Why You Should Start a Blog
- Get your story out there. Let’s think of this in a personal way for this part – what better way to keep moments and photos of your life than on a blog! I love looking back at old posts on my blog – it’s quite enjoyable. When I try to remember what I wore last Thanksgiving or what our living room setup was 3 years ago, I can just look back on old blog posts.
- Connect with like-minded people. Sometimes it’s hard to find people in your everyday life who are experiencing the same things you are. Whether you’re a new mom or are just starting to take fitness seriously, there are like-minded people out there in blogland that you will be able to connect with. I have formed true connections with people via my blog and have made lifelong friendships with people I have met through blogging.
- Earn money! I mean come on, who wouldn’t want to earn money from home? Well, blogging has made that possible for me and can for you too! I have worked very hard on my blog and it is now our main source of income. My blog allows my and my husband to be at home with our baby more often, and that is priceless to me.
- Spend more time doing what you want. I mentioned spending more time with my family already, but blogging also allows me to do more of what I want. Because I work for myself, and can do so anywhere with an internet connection, I am able to have a flexible schedule. This means I don’t have to miss things because a work schedule is holding me back. I can just make up time missed whenever it works for me.
- Free stuff! Blogging results in a lot of free products coming your way. Our baby wants for nothing thanks to my blog. Dozens of companies have sent us really great baby products (and non-baby products) in exchange for promotion on my blog. A lot of these are items that we would have bought anyway, so it’s like getting paid. Some of them are high-end items that we wouldn’t be able to afford otherwise.
Overcoming Hesitations About Blogging
You might have some (understandable) hesitations about starting a blog. If that’s the case, then this page is for you —> 4 Hesitations People Have About Blogging and How to Overcome Them
Read it and come back here to continue.
How to Choose What to Blog About
Another hangup that you could be having is choosing what to blog about. Click here for our page on choosing what to blog about.
How Much Can Bloggers Make?
If you look over in our the sidebar, we’ve got a sample income from a blog for a month. Some blogs make much less than this (especially at the beginning) and some make ten times that much. There are countless ways to make money blogging and really it’s only going to be you who limits your potential. The more time you put into your blog, the more you’ll get out.
We’d also like to point out that there is nothing wrong with not wanting to blog for money. If you just want to share your story, more power to you!